Sign up & get notified of new Communications / PR jobs
Communications / PR
Sr. Manager Product Communications - Contract Contract MA
Job ID: 16282 Contract MA
Product Communications Manager - In-house, Pharma/Bio
This is a 15 week, full-time, opportunity, on-site with our Client in Cambridge.
Our Pharma client is looking for an experienced Product Communications Manager to assist the team during a scheduled leave of absence. In this role you'll be involved in strategy through execution. You'll own client projects that center around rare disease and aging therapies.
We are looking for someone with 5-8 years experience working with an in-house team, supporting clients within the pharma industry. This role is all encompassing as you'll support all product communication efforts including planning, strategy and execution, and managing external agencies.
Please let me know if you are interested in this opportunity -we're moving quickly!
Manager, Communications (pharma/biotech) Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16276 Direct Hire MA
Our Boston, MA biopharma client is developing new categories of medicines with the potential to have great impact on people with serious diseases. The company has a strong pipeline of innovative therapies across two divisions. It’s an exciting time to be at the company! We are looking for a Communications Manager to join their team. Reporting to the VP and working collaboratively with the Director, the Manager will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of communications programs, which includes R&D/product communications, investor relations, corporate, internal/employee, digital, social and more. No two days will ever be the same!
The team takes an all-hands-on-deck approach. The role will have strategic elements with a heavy dose of rolling up your sleeves and digging into the work. There is agency support, especially for media relations. You will have the unique opportunity to work with executives in the company and within their affiliate companies. You will interact with best-in-class leaders in the pharma and biotech industries daily.
Highlights of the role
- Support milestone-specific communications activities across all affiliate division and Internal R&D pipeline, including working cross-functionally to manage and maintain company milestones calendar, drafting/updating of press releases, Q&As, fact sheets and collaborating with the team to secure key internal and external sign off
- Assist with a range of investor relations projects, including semi-annual regulatory filings (Annual Report and Half Yearly Report) and updates to corporate investor presentations
- Develop a range of communications, including company news alerts, new employee welcome emails and more
- Collaborate on refining the social media strategy and manage social media activity, including editorial calendar, content development, and execution
- Build and manage digital assets, including photos, video, infographics, etc.
- Identify speaking engagements and awards and support leadership, including talking points and presentation development
- Support the planning and execution of company events and media road shows, including logistics and coordination with vendors
- 4-5 years of pharma or biotech industry experience, 3+ of which should be from a fast-paced communications agency
- Fluency with highly scientific information, including data communications including clinical trial readouts, medical meeting presentations and scientific journal publications
- Understanding of US FDA regulatory pathways and restrictions, including promotional guardrails and best practices
- Experience developing and managing corporate social media channels
- Confidence and poise to work directly with executive leadership
- Stellar communications skills – written and verbal
- Drive, passion and desire to grow and learn
- Able to live/work in the Boston, MA area
- Bachelor's degree
PR Senior Account Executive Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16275 Direct Hire MA
Our client based just outside Boston is an award-winning PR shop specialized in the healthcare sector. Under new ownership, they’ve developed an exceptional culture including a structured training program, strong collaboration amongst team members, and fun perks like potlucks, group outings, a free gym membership and more.
They are looking for a Senior Account Executive to join their growing team. This person will work across 3-4 accounts, leading client strategy, writing press releases, pitches, blog posts, and managing junior employees. If you have 3+ years of experience in a B2B PR-dedicated role, we’d love to speak with you.
Senior Public Relations Specialist Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16261 Direct Hire MA
Our Boston client is a top global law firm with multiple practice areas. They have engaged us on a search for a Sr. Public Relations Specialist. This person will report to the Director of PR and will have visibility across the all the firm’s offices and outside vendors.
- Brainstorm and plan media opportunities across the firm
- Manage outside agency on content development
- Write and distribute press releases
- Maintain editorial calendars and media lists
- Track press hits, metrics and feedback to measure PR results
- 3-5 years’ experience in PR/communications, ideally in a law firm or professional services environment (or from an agency who’s worked on prof. services clients)
- Familiar with social media platforms, Cision and basic PR concepts and practices
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure with excellent attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree
Director of Branding and Issue Management Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16245 Direct Hire MA
Our Cambridge, MA client is one of the world’s oldest biotechnology companies. They are a global, publicly traded company that has a pipeline of robust products to address unmet health needs. We are looking for a Director of Branding and Issue Management.
This is a newly-created, highly visible role that manages 3 direct reports. As the company continues to grow and focus on being a leader in their therapeutic category, they want to ensure their brand reflects who they are, where they are going, how they are helping patients, etc. This is an ideal role for a big picture thinker who brings both creativity and innovation to the table. This person will also take a fresh look at their crisis/issues management program and refine it to ensure the company is ready to respond appropriately and rapidly. If you’re a builder, this is the role for you!
The Director will focus on two core areas: Corporate Branding and Issue Management. Work includes:
- Leading corporate branding strategy
- Orchestrating global cross-functional corporate plan/campaigns to establish the company as the leader in their space
- Defining and executing global content strategy to bring company’s brand promise to life
- Refreshing all branding materials, including website
- Developing and implementing global issue management process, including crisis management
- Supporting product communication on issue management that can impact company’s reputation
- Increasing preparedness through scenario planning and content development
- 10+ plus years of in-house communications experience from a biotech or pharmaceutical company
- Built/managed teams of direct reports
- Developed and implemented issues management and crisis management programs and plans
- Expertise in developing and implementing a company’s brand strategy
- Experience working in matrix organizations and with global functions
- Executive level poise, polish, presence and influence; possess confidence, especially in supporting/defending your positions/ideas
- Creative, innovative, agile and flexible
- Able to work in Cambridge, MA (no telecommuting). The client will relocate a star candidate
- Bachelor’s degree is required, graduate degree preferred
Senior Manager of Publications and Scientific Communications Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16187 Direct Hire MA
Our Cambridge, MA client is developing potentially transformative gene and immunotherapies. Everything they do is focused on patients, and they equally value their employees who devote themselves to providing hope to patients who have limited treatment options. These aren't just words. You see their mission reflected in everything they do.
We are looking for a Senior Manager of Publications and Scientific Communications to focus on one of their core therapeutic areas. As they prepare for commercialization, the Senior Manager will play a critical role in helping the medical community understand the unmet needs and the potential role gene therapy can play. This is a unique role: at most companies, medical communications and publications are separate. Here, you’ll own both!
Highlights of the role
- Plan and develop a range of scientific and medical content, including publications, internal training, medical information, field medical resources, and external educational materials and programs
- Participate in the development of high-visibility scientific abstracts, posters, presentations and manuscripts to share ground-breaking new clinical data and real-world evidence
- Play a key role in congress planning and strategy, attend relevant scientific meetings/congresses and participate in medical intelligence gathering
- Participate in content design and development for symposia, medical FAQs, response letters, and training slide decks
- 5+ years of medical affairs experience at a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company
- Publication planning experience required; medical communications strongly desired
- Product launch experience in rare disease preferred; oncology experience a plus
- Skilled in writing and editing highly scientific content and synthesizing and communicating data
- Able to work well across all functions on a global scale
- Highly organized and able to shift priorities rapidly
- Doctorate degree (PharmD, MD, PhD) in biological sciences
Associate Director, Product Communications Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16183 Direct Hire MA
The best and the brightest who have led product launch communications efforts always have choices in the pharma and biotech industries. Our Cambridge, MA client is developing potentially transformative gene and immunotherapies. Everything they do is focused on patients, and they equally value their employees who devote themselves to providing hope to patients who have limited treatment options. These aren't just words. You see their mission reflected in everything they do.
We are looking for an Associate Director, Product Communications to join a small, growing corporate communications team that is collaborative and loaded with energy. The client will provide relocation; there is not a telecommuting option.
Highlights of the role
- Prepare for 4 potential product launches in multiple franchises
- Create and implement PR programs for development, launch and commercial stage products, including unbranded and branded public relations efforts
- Develop and execute communications plans for medical congresses, regulatory milestones, data disclosures and launch preparation efforts
- Collaborate, globally, with R&D, medical affairs, regulatory, patient advocacy, scientific communications and brand teams
What we're looking for
- 7+ years of biotech or pharmaceutical communications experience (corporate, agency or both)
- Expertise in pre-launch, working through all phases of clinical trials and launching products
- Truly patient-centric
- Fluency with highly scientific information
- Depth of experience in issues and crisis management and media relations
- Able to live/work in the Cambridge, MA area
- Bachelor's degree
Account Executive, Technology Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 15997 Direct Hire MA
Account Executive, Technology and/or Healthcare
Another PR position in Boston!? We know, we know. You’ve seen them all. But guaranteed this one is different (you’ll have to take our word for it).
Our client, an innovative PR firm consistently named one of the top places to work, has been praised for their fresh & innovative client list, flexible & fun culture, and forward-thinking approach to marketing and PR. They are seeking an AE to join them and if you fit the qualifications below, we’d love for you to apply!
If you have…
- 1-2 years of PR agency experience in the healthcare of B2B tech space
- A passion for media relations, digital/social media, & content creation
- Dynamic presentation skills, including experience developing and presenting new business proposals
- Strong communication skills with ability to manage and build client relationships
- Analyst relations expertise a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
VP, Learning Technology and Innovation Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 15976 Direct Hire MA
VP, Learning Technology and Innovation
Leading a group of creative content experts, and skilled technology professionals, the ideal candidate will support our communication and learning efforts in multiple ways. Whether it is creating professional and engaging video content, designing a new platform for mobile learning or experimenting with new types of learning we will be pushing the bar to create a new generation of great associates.
The ideal candidate is a player-coach who can produce bold, creative learning content, and put in place innovative platforms to deliver that content at the point of need. You’ll work with subject matter experts from inside and outside the organization and use multiple tactics to bring their vision to life for our associates. We want a special person to join us on this journey!
Check out the day-in-the-life responsibilities:
- Use design-thinking, or similar methodology, to understand the best way to enable our associates’ success on the job.
- Work to build or buy the most effective technology platforms for learning delivery.
- Oversee a content creation team that produces world class video, eLearning, micro-games and other forms of learning content.
- Work in an innovation lab that will enable the testing of new learning content, methods and technology.
- Build a video production studio that can record, produce professional grade video content.
- Find new ways to embed behavioral science theories into the workflow of our associates in ways that enable their success.
- Work with our internal and external partners to validate the impact of learning on the performance of our associates.
- Be an active member of the larger learning community inside and outside of our walls. Leveraging this community to stay on the cutting edge of learning technology.
Here’s what you should be really good at:
- Finding really creative approaches to solving messy human problems. Think of it as creating “life hacks” for our workforce. – wacky, fun, serious… whatever works best for the circumstance, audience and brand.
- Moving quickly to deliver solutions from theory to practice. Launch, learn, iterate!
- Delivering the goods – You have to actually demonstrate that your associates behave differently as a result of your efforts.
- Putting yourself in the shoes of your audience and delivering experiences in ways that resonate with them.
- Being experimental and entrepreneurial. Pretend we are trying to build a level of learning and development that has never been attempted (we are).
- Playing well with others and having fun – we’re going to be spending a lot of time together, we’d best be having a good time along the way.
- Emotional Intelligence, including outstanding interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills and including a collaborative mindset.
- Because you believe today’s workforce is inspired in many different ways you find ways to make sure content/experiences are compelling, “meets them where they are at” and cuts through the noise.
Finally, here’s the type of background we think you need to do this role well
- Degree in learning technology or related field.
- 10+ years of professional experience in learning technology or a related field (this should be your profession, not a hobby).
- Deep seated interest in all things learning technology.
- Creative spark and a talent for visualization.
- A demonstrated track record of using innovative methods to develop people, and get meaningful business results.
- You’ve worked in collaborative environments and get the need to balance the agendas of other functions and how we can all work together to support the overall employee experience.
- Clear examples where you have created and managed large scale platform deployments (LMS, video platforms etc.).
- You have a track record of rolling up your sleeves and using your skills to get meaningful business results (did we say that twice?).
- Anything else that will convince us that you take your craft seriously, you are good at what you do and you are not the enemy of fun at work.