Sign up & get notified of new IA / UE / UX jobs
IA / UE / UX
Director of User Experience Design Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16078 Direct Hire MA
Our Cambridge, MA client is seeking an experienced, determined, and dynamic Director of User Experience Design to lead a passionate team of Designers, Researchers, and Strategists committed to creating stand-out product and service experiences that directly impact cancer care.
We are looking for someone who can lead the charge in sustaining and elevating the work of the User Experience team. This includes advocating for UX Design, acting as a mentor for the team, and putting systems and structures in place to support collaborative, user-focused, iterative mentality so the team can work to solve complex problems and design thoughtful, need-centered solutions.
The Director of UX Design will collaborate closely with Product Owners, Engineering, Creative, Marketing, Communications, and Product Development to develop and execute a design process that enables us to deliver on an ambitious but exciting product roadmap. They will help to define priorities, manage design schedules and resource allocation across multiple work-streams, and own design quality and consistency across our entire product ecosystem.
- You are a world-class UX Director with the ability to work cross-functionally with various teams, including Creative, Marketing, Product Development, and Technology, thinking strategically about how the user experience defines and reinforces the company brand.
- You ask lots of questions, listen actively, read between the lines, and don’t take anything at face value, driving toward the core problem the team needs to be solving.
- You’re a holistic, systems thinker who loves solving big problems and can articulate complex solutions verbally and visually.
- You have a compelling design perspective to share, with extensive experience incorporating user-centered methods and a love for data-driven, functional design.
- You’re passionate about using the right research—both qualitative and quantitative—to foster innovation, assess design solutions, and align key stakeholders.
- You understand that great design can create exceptional experiences, and that each solution must exist seamlessly within the greater ecosystem of products and services.
- You are eager to develop a deep understanding of the business and how all of the pieces come together from different stakeholder perspectives, toward a shared mission.
- You have built, mentored, and led successful UX Design Teams in other organizations.
- Before that, you came up through the trenches, framing problems and researching and designing solutions to said problems, all with a high level of technical competency.
- You have experience cultivating a highly collaborative, creative, and customer-centric culture within a Design team and cross-functionally.
- You have experience taking high-level business goals and breaking them down into approachable, actionable—and ideally assessable—goals for a Design team.
- You have familiarity with an agile development environment.
- You are a facilitator of conversations, with extensive experience leading workshops and design sprints with a diverse set of participants.
- You default to this facilitator role and work across disciplines to crack challenging problems, but you’re not afraid to make difficult decisions when priorities need to be focused.
- 5+ years of Design management experience.
- BA/BS degree in Design (interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, related field, or equivalent practical experience; MS or advanced degree a plus.
Director of Experience Design Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16070 Direct Hire MA
Director of Experience Design
We are looking for a talented Director of Experience Design to join our Boston office. If you are a driven and talented central leader of an interdisciplinary design team then we would love to talk to you. This role will be a combination of being a project owner, team leader and master of digital craft. You will push teams and our projects to new heights. You are a risk taker and design innovator. You can spot issues before they turn into problems and collaboratively work with clients at all levels.
What you need to have:
An amazing online portfolio that showcases multiple types of projects and solutions across accounts
8-12 years of professional experience in the experience design field
Strategic vision and a true mastery for unraveling complex problems and driving teams to their solution
Strong client management skills and business development experience
Design process knowledge from the beginning of strategy all the way through implementation
Excellent presentation skills
Mastery in creative, UX design tools such as Axure, Sketch and Invision as well as office programs
Ability to prototype just about anything
Advanced research methodologies and analysis
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
It’s also great if you have:
CMS, portal or product design knowledge
Media editing capabilities (for research documentation)
Additional design education such as certificates, workshops or internships
A healthy collection of travel based life hacks
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join our team.
We are the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design -- and expanded mobile innovation and emerging technologies. We serve more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.
Visual Designer - contract to hire Contract To Hire MA
Job ID: 16063 Contract To Hire MA
Our client, a well-funded consumer site, is building out their UX/Product team and are seeking a Visual Designer. If you are interested in improving their user experience and have clean visual design, this role could be an excellent fit!
- Solve complex user needs across the consumer and internal admin platforms to improve both the user experience and business results
- Create clean, finished visual design assets that will be used in production
- Develop user flows or wireframes for new product features and enhancements
- Improve your work through user research and testing cycles
- 3+ years of UI + UX design experience, preferably with consumer web/mobile applications
- Expertise with (Photoshop, Sketch, etc.) and experience with wireframing and prototyping tools (Balsamiq, OmniGraffle, etc.)
- Actively follow latest visual design and UX practices, techniques, and technologies
Online portfolio required.
UX Designer Contract MA
Job ID: 16048 Contract MA
Sr. UX Designer - Long term contract opportunity - Start Now!
Full time - on site, Downtown Boston.
This is a full UX role so you will be prototyping, wireframing, strategizing, and collaborating with a tremendous team of designers and developers to support client goals and vision.
We could list out all the stuff you'll be doing but you're a UX-er, you already know what you do! We want you to put your UX magic to work...with us!
CMF Lead Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16030 Direct Hire MA
Principal CMF Designer
Our client is a leader in the consumer electronics space. As they build on their high end track record, they're looking for a Principal Color, Material and Finish Designer.
The right candidate will be responsible for setting CMF strategy for the organization while leading a small but growing team. While the focus of the role will be on color, this person will also collaborate with manufacturing to develop material and finish strategy.
This position sits just outside Boston, MA and comes with competitive compensation and excellent benefits. Apply today!
Developing trend research, with a focus on the consumer electronics industry
Developing color strategy, continuingly forecasting updates
Seek out new materials and manufacturing techniques, setting trends and staying on the cutting edge
Generate and deliver inspiring presentations that communicate product stories through CMF proposals.
Create and implement CMF specifications for manufacturing, ensuring quality execution
Develop and maintain a material and finish library for the industrial design team
6+ years experience designing physical products, with electronics experience strongly preferred
A deep understanding of CMF technologies, research methods and testing
Expertise in trend and consumer research
Strong presentation skills with the ability to influence a diverse set of stakeholders
Strong management skills
Director of Experience Design Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16008 Direct Hire MA
Director of User Experience
Our client is an award winning digital agency with technology in their DNA. As they continue to win more strategic work, they’re looking for a Director of User Experience to join their team.
This role is ideal for someone looking to lead a team of designers on UX projects while remaining hands on. The right person is a strategic thinker who leads by example and is comfortable leading engagements.
In return, our client offers a great work environment in Boston steps from the Orange Line. Compensation is competitive. Apply today!
Ongoing management, mentorship and training of the user experience team
Serve as UX lead on client engagements, translating business needs into user experience solutions
Champion user research, user testing and other quantitative and qualitative measures
Make strategic and tactical design recommendations based on usability findings and best practices
Facilitate on-site & off-site design workshops that gain consensus and inform design.
8+ years of user experience design for software, web, and/or mobile. 3+ years managing user-centered design teams.
Strong knowledge of interaction design and methodology
Extensive experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies across multiple platforms
Strong working knowledge of design tools (Axure, Sketch, etc.)
Familiarity with current web development technologies and standards
Strong presentation, advocacy and communication skills
Detail-oriented and highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks
Ability to manage, delegate & multi-task towards deadlines
Advocate for collaboration and internal cross-pollination with designers, technology & management
Strong presentation and communication skills