Sign up & get notified of new Chemistry jobs
Medicinal Chemistry - Drug Hunters needed! Direct Hire MA
Job ID: 16115 Direct Hire MA
Our client is a large, well-funded organization with drug discovery programs spanning various therapeutic areas (oncology, inflammation, metabolic, psychiatric, etc.). They are seeking experienced Medicinal Chemists to join their growing team and lead projects and junior colleagues.
The main function of this role is to lead and mentor a team of medicinal chemists to rapidly progress therapeutic projects in partnership with academic scientists and industrial partners. You will impact both the strategy and execution of multiple therapeutic programs and lead a team of 5+ PhD-level Scientists internally as well as external CMO/CRO resources.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
• Implementing medicinal chemistry strategies across all stages of drug discovery from hit identification, through lead optimization to clinical candidate selection.
• Use of and implementation of cutting-edge synthetic chemistry techniques and technologies including development of creative solutions to complex synthesis problems.
• Utilizing cross-functional data to drive drug discovery strategies in a matrix organization environment.
• Managing and integrating internal resources with external partners, CMOs and CROs.
• Mentoring and managing highly skilled Ph.D. level scientific staff through different career stages
Formal descriptions can be supplied for interested candidates.
Qualified candidates will have a PhD in synthetic/medicinal chemistry with 5+ years of relevant experience. More experienced candidates with direct leadership responsibilities will be considered for Group Leader.
Must be authorized to work in the US indefinitely to be considered. Relocation assistance is available for qualified candidates.
All resumes will be kept strictly confidential until you choose to pursue a specific opportunity with one of our clients.